Every NFL team claims to have the best fans. Every fan base claims to be the best fan base.
When we began looking for data on how our fans were ranked, we came across this study by Forbes.com. Forbes ranked fan bases on the following criteria:
- Stadium attendance (a combination of consecutive sell-outs and average percentage of season stadium capacity)
- Television ratings (as provided by Nielsen)
- Merchandise sales (per NFLShop.com)
- Social media reach (a combination of Facebook likes and Twitter followers based on the team’s metro area population)
- Fan club presence (based on the active number found online)
The latter two are weighted less than the former three elements in their final ranking.
The top 10 fan bases were
2. Green bay and Steelers (tie)
The Seahawks ranked #23!
How do you feel about this? After all the years of dedication and loyalty is this really where the 12s deserve to be placed? Is this really how you judge a true fan base?
Let us know what you think!